Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hello World! I am now blogging!

This is the beginning of my blogging career! Bear with me please as I learn the finer points.

I began working for the Lincoln Commission on Children and Families on August 23, 2010 as an Americorps VISTA volunteer. I will serve the central Oregon coast homeless community through creation of sustainable outreach programs. http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&story_id=23957&page=79

My four key projects are:

Project Homeless Connect - one stop shop to connect homeless population with resources, accomplish in one day what could take months
211 Information Hotline - like a social service 911, 24/7 live help for people in need of information
Emergency Winter Warming Centers - short notice emergency shelter and food for homeless population
Homeless Education and Literacy Project - breaking down school related barriers for homeless students by provding them with resources and material goods

Look for updates and more info as I discover it!

Peace Love and Shelter for All!
Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment